
To all those who are serving or have served for our country, and to your family members, thank you for the sacrifices you have made to help ensure our way of life! You are truly heroes! And for those who are currently serving overseas, I pray that you will return home safely.

Three years ago today (fitting, isn't it?) I got to welcome Kurtis home after a 17 month deployment. It was really weird seeing him there at Gowen Field and knowing he was home now, that he wouldn't have to leave after only two weeks and go back to Iraq. It was even stranger witnessing him looking for a job and beginning the transition back into civilian life. It was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be, and I can't even begin to imagine what it might be like for those coming back who have seen hard combat and have to deal with PTSD.
The past three years have been wonderful and full of a lot of changes. We never expected to be in Wendell, and I think if you told Kurtis the day he got back that in three years time he would be working for his father-in-law and expecting his second baby in 73 days, he would have been more than a little amused(until the day Emmy was born, whenever he talked about having kids, it sounded like he thought he would be at least 30 when we had our first). Thank you, Pogi, for the past three years and for being such an amazing Daddy to our little girl. I know this next one will adore you just as much as Emmy does, and Audra for that matter. I love you, you're my hero, and Happy Veterans Day!
3 comments:
Really really great post and pictures. We're all grateful for Curtis and all our troops
hey you...I haven't talked to you in...I don't know hoiw long....how are you? Your daughter is a doll...what a cute little smile! What a great post for Veterans day. God Bless...
P.S. In case you were wondering, I found you on Becky's blog!
Wow, Rhonda, you're all grown up! You're little girl is very cute, she looks just like her daddy! Looks like you are doing well.
Andrea Hope
Post a Comment