We ate Thanksgiving dinner with my family here in Wendell and then got up Friday morning after Kurtis delivered the newspaper and got ready to go to Pocatello to see Kurtis' family. We stopped in Twin on the way and got Emmy's pictures taken since she turned 21 months old on Thanksgiving day and we haven't had any professionally done of her since she was 5 months old.
When we got to Pocatello we had a little Christmas with Kurtis' parents and sisters since we're not going to see them for Christmas. Emmy loved opening the presents! But I think she loved just spending time with all the family even more. She's been asking for Grandma Jan and Papa this morning and asking to "go, go", which means she wants to go see them.

Emmy with Grandma Jan on the quilt Grandma made for Emmy's bed.

She's figured out what presents are for: to open!

Emmy playing with her new easel.

She really loved modeling the new play jewelry she got. "m'Emmy pwitty."
We came home home Saturday night and met up with my family in Twin to eat at Montana Steakhouse for Jake's 21st birthday. We had just gotten done eating a late lunch with Kurtis' family at Red Lobster two hours earlier, so we ended the night overly full.
Yesterday was one of the busier Sundays we've had for a while. Kurtis and I gave talks in our ward, had tithing settlement, and stake choir practice for the Christmas Cantata, during which the choir director announced that I would be doing the solo for one of the pieces we're doing. Wish me luck! I hope I can still breath deeply enough to sing in three weeks! If not, it should be very interesting. :O) After that we got to go have brownies and ice cream for Jake's birthday. Emmy sat on his lap and tried to help him blow out the candles. It was way cute, but of course I didn't have my camera with me.

Here's Emmy admiring her Christmas ornament that she picked out this week. Now we just need a tree to put it on.
I can't believe that it's already December! The last part of this pregnancy is definitely going by faster than the beginning did. I'm ready for winter and have been thoroughly enjoying the cooler weather. Bring on the snow! There's nothing I love better during the Christmas season than see Christmas lights in the snow.
4 comments:
looks like you guys had a ton of fun, good luck with your solo!
I cannot get over how much Emmy looks like Kurt. I everytime I check your blog I think, "It's baby female Kurtis!" You are all so adorable and I miss you bunches! Give Emmy a kiss for me!
we got your Christmas card a few days ago- way cute!
Thanks! Emmy loves the one you guys sent. She's a fan of the pretty lights and says that Audrey is "mine".
Post a Comment