Here's a lot of pictures of my sweet little princess having fun with her cousins on Christmas Eve. She really likes rough-housing and kept asking for more when all of us adults were telling the boys to be more careful. I have a feeling she might be the girl in her class that plays on the football team.







Emmy's big present this year was getting her ears pierced. She has been asking for earrings since she was 15 months old practically on a daily basis, and she's one tough cookie, so I figured she could handle it. I had originally planned on doing it on her birthday, but decided I would prefer having it done a few weeks before the new baby comes so we could have time to establish a routine for cleaning her ears three times every day. I can honestly say it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. Yes, I did it myself at home using piercing needles intead of taking her to Claire's because frankly the latter scared me a lot more. Emmy has done absolutely great with them and is thrilled that she has earrings now like Mama.

Here's Emmy riding her alphabet catapiller...

...helping Daddy with the Farming Game...

...in her Christmas pajamas that Grandma Jan made...

...and playing "tea party" with Aunt Donna...



...and Donna's new toy, Spike, the Ultimate Dinosour. (notice the butter knife in Spike's mouth?!)

I had a midwife appointment last night and apparently all the holiday food did me in, even though I took it easy on the sweets. Ten days ago at my last appointment I was measuring at 41 weeks, but last night I was measuring at 44! Yikes! When I said that I hadn't know it could get that big, my hilarious midwife said, "It does with twins!" Anyway, here's a picture of Emmy measuring my belly last week telling me that it's "big". (Excuse the frizzy hair, I was not feeling up to styling it.)

I forgot to mention that we took our Wii over to my parents house figuring that with all of the family being together it might be fun to play a few games of bowling. Well, guess who stayed up until 2:30 in the morning playing it. My parents. Yes, that's right, my mom and dad! I thought my dad was joking when he told me the next day, until Mom and Jake confirmed his story. It made me laugh.
(Sorry about typos, I couldn't get the spell check to work and I'm too lazy to do it myself!)
1 comment:
looks like you guys had a lot of fun, Emmy and Donna having a tea party is too cute!
Post a Comment